- Office of the President
- Office of the Vice President for Research Development and Extension
- Administrative Services
- Academic Council
- Administrative Council
- Board of Trustees
- Research & Extension
- Student Services
- Contact Us
CVSC Studs triumphant in PASUC XI Festival
Posted by Given Mark Inansugan on November 22, 2018 8:43 am
Competing against State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) in Region XI, Compostela Valley State College proves that this infant yet promising institution can be a home of champions as CVSC students emerged as top placers in the PASUC: Davao Region Culture and the Arts Festival 2018.
University of Southeastern Philippines (USeP), in partnership with the Province of Davao del Norte, served as the host institution for the Regional PASUC Festival last October 28-30, 2018 and were held at the RDR Gymnasium, Pavilion, Bulwagan ng Karunungan, and PTV DavNor Studio – all inside the Provincial Capitol compound of Davao del Norte. Only the Mr. and Ms. PASUC XI coronation night was staged in Robinsons Place, Tagum City.
The College emerged on 3rd Runner Up pack with 96.5 points in total from the following events:
– Philippine Folk Dance (Diane Garban, Blaze Ceniza, Anne Jean Bustria, Ramona Jane Relabo, Loraine Kate Lloren, Mary Jane Bajo, Christine Tanquison, Shaira Cañete, John Rey Mahumot, Jovan Rae Café, Elmizar Patac, Ferlan Gambito, Jun Rey Rafols, Elbert Escarpe, Rizalito Navasca, Kim Bautista, and Mr. Gabrele Cubero as coach)
– Radio Drama (Nema May Barona, Andrey Sherbeth Erana, Ralph Sumabong, Oscar Balano, Razzel Erbito, and Mr. Khif Muamar Miranda as coach
– Street Dance (Rainbow Navasca, Eddien Joy Kristine Guttirez, Joshua Pilapil, Alfred Jay Chagas, Carla Stephany Dolom, Edlen Fe Iriel Andan, Janilyn Bag-id, Mark Castanas, Judy Jay Tapanan, Rolando Bayo Jr., and Mr. Marcjun Ocampo as coach)
– Live Band (Earl Lawrence Adante, John Rex Panes, Gerald Briones, Kerr Jhon Generoso, John Lloyd Plusan, Angelika Coquilla, Michelle Tumanan, and Mr. Jonell Palanas as coach)
– Poster Making (Jay Ann Habla coached by Ms. Teresa Eufan)
– Painting (Judiel Cabilan coached by Mr. Braniel Neri)
– Photography (Junward Soyosa coached by Mr. Glenn Bolaño)
– Kundiman (Geber Abarca coached by Ms. Reah Niog)
– Contemporary Dance (Melodino Talisic, Roger Lacdaying Jr., Clyde Cordita, Mark Jay Cajano, Dexter Dela Torre, Laura Joyce Bengson, Jasper James Meralles, Randy Abarquez Jr., Elna Mae Guillermo, and Mr. Rambert Mangay as coach)
–Classical Guitar (John Lloyd Plusan coached by Mr. Jonell Palanas)
– Vocal Duet (Jerly Fernandez, Leocharl Christ Lapasaran and Ms. Normalia Cabugatan as coach)
– Mr. PASUC (Bonnel Lamoste coached by Mr. Joseph Butad and Ms. Gloryjean Altamera)
The other participating SUCs were; Davao del Norte State College (DNSC) as the over-all champion, University of Southeastern Philippines – North Cluster (Host and Overall 1st Runner-up), University of Southeastern Philippines – South Cluster (Overall 2nd Runner-up), Davao Oriental State College of Science and Technology (DOCST) and Southern Philippines Agri-Business and Marine and Aquatic School of Technology (SPAMAST).
With this year’s theme, “Positioning Higher Education for Strategic Global Transformation through Culture and Arts”, CVSC truly mark its name whether it is through dance, pageantry, music, and visual arts as it emphasizes the importance of Culture and the Arts in building dreams in supporting its talented students.
Congratulations to all the performers and artists, we are beyond proud!